Saturday, May 21, 2011

Four Years

Cue the "aww" moment...

Thursday was mine and Allen's four year anniversary.
Wow, four years sounds like such a long time. In some ways it feels like we've been together a lot longer than that...but in other ways the time has just flown by. I got him to agree to four more years of marriage and I figure if I am sneaky and just add on each year (ex. next year I will get him to agree to five more years) I will eventually have him locked in forever! muahaha.

In other news my pre-k class had their graduation last night and it was quite the event. There were over 100 people there and I had to speak! I do not really like talking to groups of people over the age of ten so I was extremely nervous but it went really well and my kids did a really great job. On a side note the child in my class who was physically abusive towards the other children and myself graduated, so I might have a more tranquil summer. My kids lavished me with gifts for graduation. I was given a beautiful boquet, a bromeliad (don't worry FL family, we will keep it indoors, away from mosquitos!) bubble bath, a candle, and ferrero rondnior chocolates.
I have a confession to make. Allen and I have been trying to make healthier choices and have really been working hard towards a better lifestyle ( you might not have guessed that by my strawberry cake post a few days back) but along with these changes has come a new mindset...if you are going to eat something unhealthy you might as well make it something good. Wow. That looks horrible in print. What I mean is instead of eating a candy bar or junk food, pick something you will truly enjoy and savor it and then be done with it. For example, that delicious strawberry cake I whipped up (courtesy of an incredible Paula Deen recipe) Allen and I each enjoyed a nice lovely portion and then I wrapped it up and sent it to work for Allen to share with his office. Hence the new mindset in action. I met my downfall friday night after graduation. A Ferrero Rondnior. I believe these are made of pure temptation. I am not a big fan of Ferrero Rochers, and as a general rule I can pass up most candy with no trouble. However, these are a different story. Oh. My. Word. they are delicious. You should try one, or maybe you shouldn't... I don't know if it is right to suggest such a horribly addicting thing to an innocent blog reader. I apologize. On a healthier note, these are my favorite healthy treat as of late. Real fruit strips. They are all natural and they come in about 8 flavors. They are so tasty and you can feel good about eating them. I keep them in my purse and in the glove compartment of my car just in case I need a snack during the day. I jut thought since I went on and on about an unhealthy indulgence I might as well redeem myself so you don't think Allen and I just sit around popping chocolate all day long haha.

On a drastic note I donated a foot of my hair to Locks of Love. I went in to do it and the lady said my hair would still be to my shoulder. Well she and I have different opinions on where my shoulders are, but I am still glad I did it. This is me holding the four ponytails that she cut off. (Ignore the shocked "Oh my word I am going to be BALD!" expression on my face. I hadn't gotten to see my hair yet at this point and my overactive imagination had me picturing myself completely sheared.)
This is the next day after I had come to terms with my new do.
If you ever want to donate your hair it's a really neat experience. Make sure your salon is certified, if not just request to take your hair home and submit it yourself.
www.locksoflove.org

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment